6.04.2013

One Pot Spaghetti

It is no secret I'm a fan of Pinterest. I'm a big list maker, note taker, phone reminder person, bookmarker because I can never remember anything.  So to have Pinterest where I can physically SEE all of the things online that I want to somehow replicate, want to use as inspiration, or things that I just like is a HUGE help to me.  I typically am pinning things related to house decor, because that is my big thing right now, but every so often if I see a good recipe I'll pin it, and if I remember, I'll try the recipe.  Good thing I pinned this sucker because this has become one of my favorite pasta recipes (this is almost as good as Jamie's meatballs - that recipe to come at a later date.) And you make it all in ONE POT.  Now, I don't do the dishes, that is Tyler's job, so he should love me even more that I'm making his life easier with this recipe.  And now I'll make your dishwasher's life easier because I'm going to share this recipe with you!  Here we go:

1 lb ground beef
1 onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 14oz can chicken broth
1 26oz jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup water
8 oz uncooked spaghetti
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (use the real stuff!)

In a pot cook meat and onion until the onion is tender and meat is browned.
Drain any fat off and return to pot.
Add garlic and let cook for one more minute. (If you're a mushroom eater, you can add those here too.  I don't do mushrooms.)
Add broth, spaghetti sauce, and water, and bring to a boil.
Add noodles and reduce heat.
Cover and cook for 17-20 minutes or until noodles are tender.  You will need to stir occasionally and add water as needed.
Stir in parmesan cheese and serve!

That's it, guys. Now go cook yourself some one pot spaghetti and you, and your dishwasher, can thank me later.


No comments:

Post a Comment