4.10.2013

Homeownership project #4, Part 2: Guest bathroom design

So the fun part of remodeling is picking out all the things that are going to go into it!  There have been so many items to pick out and I'm excited to see it all come together.  I didn't want to feel like I had to stick to my inspiration photo exactly, but I just wanted to pull elements from it that I really liked.  Here's a list of things I had to have from the inspiration photo:

  • Dark tile floor
  • Vanity to replace the pedestal sink
  • White subway tile
  • Double towel rack

Everything else I was okay deviating from.  My taste is more streamlined and modern, but I want to make sure that the bathroom still goes with the house, which is a bit more traditional and eclectic.  Here are some of my choices:

Floor tile. The color is actually a bit darker in person.  
The tile has a bit of a texture to it.  Since its a bathroom,  
I wanted to make sure that the tile wasn't too slippery.

Double towel rack.  We never have just one guest, so with this
small space, I thought this was a good solution.

Vanity.  We have a different countertop.  I had to pick a vanity that was 24" wide by
18" deep because of the small space of the bathroom, and the white counter was not
available without getting it custom made.

I actually got the countertop from UPS today!  Its even better that I thought it was going to be!
This picture looks a little yellow because of the lighting, but its a nice speckled black white and
grey countertop.  Super excited about this decision!

Big shower head! We decided to do all chrome finishes.

This light fixture can either go with the bulbs up or down.
Tyler likes them up, I like them down.  We'll see how it ends up!

New commode! Hoping this will help save on our water bill!

We also have a few other things like a hand towel rack and faucet for the sink picked out.  I realized I forgot to pick out a new mirror (oops!) so I'll pick that out over the weekend.  Its been super fun getting all of the deliveries over the past week and a half.  I can't wait until demo is over and they start putting all the pieces together!

1 comment: