12.05.2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

With all of the house craziness going on, Tyler and I decided to spend our first Thanksgiving as a married couple in Dallas.  We were still in the hotel, so it didn't really lend itself to me roasting a turkey - although they did serve a traditional turkey downstairs at the buffet. :)

We slept in that morning, got a quick workout in at the gym at the hotel, and then decided it was time to get out of the hotel so we went to catch a movie.  We saw Lincoln which was pretty good - Tyler loves history so he especially liked it.  It was pretty long, so by time we got done, we had just enough time to catch a little football on TV (I played on Pinterest) and then go downstairs for some pre-dinner drinks.  Here's a few pics of us at our hotel Thanksgiving happy hour - woot woot:




Oh, and I've realized I haven't been good about getting pictures of me and Tyler together....I'll be better at that. :)

Since I wasn't cooking, and couldn't pick up Thanksgiving dinner from Central Market, we decided to make reservations at Smoke.  Smoke is a newer restaurant in Oak Cliff, right next to the Belmont Hotel.  We had been there before for dinner and loved it, so we figured it would be a good bet for Thanksgiving.  And boy oh boy, it didn't disappoint.  Here's some pics of the spread:
Duck and pumpkin salad
Pimento Cheese Balls

Dr. Pepper ham, mashed potatoes, cheese grits, and andouille sausage stuffing


Apple Cobbler

Pumpkin Pie


All in all, a pretty nice, low-key Thanksgiving with Tyler and Max. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment